Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Ist day of official buisness, which for teacher is still always a hoot.

So, today started out with a long row of tables covered in the largest amount of doughnuts I have ever seen gathered in one place, at the same time, in my entire life.
We then proceeded to mingle, and listen to some introductions and jokes :). There were union meetings and a few business details to discuss and then we heard about the DI plan that looks to take place over about 3 years. It was surprisingly familiar due to the fact I think we covered a lot of its goals and ideas in our first 3 weeks of class.
We then had staff meetings at our school we would be teaching at, and discussed a lot of things that were either pretty standard or were new due to the new principal and changes and growth in general that always take place.
I had a special situation in that I didn't get to see my cooperating teacher yet. His wife had a baby yesterday and so gladly he is with his family and wasn't able to make it to the meetings today. I hope all is well with the new baby and his family and I am looking forward to starting up school!!!

2 comments:

  1. Nice post. Let us know how your first week of classes go. I'm following your blog now, and will add a link to it from my page.

    I'm trying to talk everyone into adding a list of links to fellow MAT blogs to their own pages. Expect a new blog post from me soon, in which I outline the hows and whys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison, you have adopted a most honorable vocation --- right up there with nursing (and motherhood, of course!) --- that is a source of unfettered joy most days. Feliz Dia. Uncle Steve

    ReplyDelete